Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAPPING TO TOPOGRAPHY POINTS???

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5505 Views, 11 Replies

SNAPPING TO TOPOGRAPHY POINTS???

I want to create new revit topography and snap to points on another revit topography surface.(particularly points along the edges) Is this possible? John
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No. The typical procedure is start with a large topo surf and then using the split topo surf tool you can create the edge condition you are looking for.

I recommend allways having 2d lines drawn as a guide for spliting surfaces. So since you allready have one surf drawn, just draw a line where you want the common edge to be and make your new surf. then split that surf. along that line.
Message 3 of 12
Seychellian

Did you ever solve this?

Im struggling to believe that I can't position two topographies together and align them accurately with this $3000 software without doing some abstract export to dwg and re-import. My mind is literally blown.

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: Seychellian

Welcome to reality I guess...
Message 5 of 12
Seychellian
in reply to: ToanDN

I don't like this reality.

Message 6 of 12
WholeLLC

Hey guys,

Actually this is pretty easy to do.  Just to the view that you want to use the topography snaps from.  Then export this view as a DWG.  Then insert the DWG back into the view and that's it.  You will now be able to snap to the lines.  FYI, Marcello Sgambelluri has a video on YouTube going into more detail on this workflow.  Any questions let me know!  

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: WholeLLC

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 12
WholeLLC
in reply to: ToanDN

I guess I missed the asterisk.  Either way though it's an easy solution!  

Message 9 of 12
syman2000

This is how I would do it.

https://youtu.be/fXfIuO_NmlM

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 10 of 12
mgiurizzato
in reply to: syman2000

This is genius! Thank you so much @syman2000 !!!

Message 11 of 12
staedler1822000
in reply to: syman2000

thanks a lot for this idea!

Message 12 of 12
jcortelyou
in reply to: Seychellian

I am going to be the person in the Revit forums that says it's your fault and that the software wasn't designed to do this and you have to do X Work around, you should know better, how dare you Criticize Revit 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report