Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowing down on particular levels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
m.zygaitis
448 Views, 7 Replies

Slowing down on particular levels

Dear Revit users,

I am working with revit since 08, and there was this little annoying bug - in the middle of working process some levels become super slow - adding walls becomes a big task. At the beginning everything works great, but (I suspect) at some point I add curtain inside the room, something goes wrong and the level becomes slow. It does not help even if I remove curtain walls or purge unused or duplicate window or make separate plan view - if floor area with several basic walls is visible level becomes slow. 

Have you experienced the same problem or have any suggestion, please help.

Thank you in advanced.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
parveen.revit
in reply to: m.zygaitis

since you are experienced user of Revit, you must have done some basic remedies.

Still I am listing few of the smaller actions any we never know whick could be of big benfit:

You may try these:

• Try to minimze use of In place families.
  • Open the file with 'Audit'
  • Do Purge Unused, remove unnecessary CAD Links, Extra views, try to remove warnings from model
  • Use Compact File while saving (recommended to use after every 50 saves or after every 2-3 days)

You can also try to see in any of previuos version  (backups )of file to check whether it works fine or not. It may help you to identity the date and time when file got currupted/slowed.

In Parallel, Also report this problem to Autodesk Technical Support and contact your local Autodesk reseller. They may ask you to send the revit file for their review.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 8
m.zygaitis
in reply to: parveen.revit

Thank you  for your suggestions. Well it didn't solve the problem.

Also finding revit support is incredibly difficult.

Message 4 of 8
parveen.revit

are you on subscription.

if yes, login into your account and contact 'Technical Support'.

OR try to locate a reseller using 'Support' in the menu bar at the top of this dicussion group screen.

Message 5 of 8
GlynnisVP

Review the usage of Design Options.  If you were using Design Options and no longer need them I suggest you Accept the primary in order to purge out the extra content. 

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson, Architect

www.ideatebimlink.com | www.ideateexplorer.com

Message 6 of 8
m.zygaitis
in reply to: GlynnisVP

Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried opening the same file on other computers - same problem. Since I am student I do not get tech support. I uplouded my project here http://www.4shared.com/file/PRgECjac/multi_centre2012_05.html?

I have problems with levels - shops2.2 and Office.2 other floors works just fine.

If you could look i would be really glad.

Thank you in advance. 

P.s. project is done in revit 2013. Still not sure how to save it to previous versions.

Message 7 of 8
parveen.revit

there is no option in Revit in previous versions.

Message 8 of 8
m.zygaitis

Solve my problem by dublicating a slow level. This makes new(exact copy of slow level) level that is much faster. I still do not know why or for how long ( it has a period..), but now it is OK. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report