Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Materials Libradry

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hbjarch
1044 Views, 2 Replies

Slow Materials Libradry

My new HPZ1 computer takes forever to open the materials library, about 30 seconds. I also have a graphics driver that I'm working on at the moment, hopfully that might resolve the problem, if not any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hbjarch
in reply to: hbjarch

All good now. Updating the Graphics driver in the Z1 did the trick. The Materials lib takes about 2 secs to load as compared to 2.5mins.

Message 3 of 3

Glad it worked with you.

We have similar problems. We noticed that imported IFC- file had made over 1600 difrent materials for each object. Does anyone know if that could be avoided?

Another problem was when we tried Purge all of those at once. Since we didn't wanted to Purge our own materials we selected all IFC-named material in Purge-dialog. Just checking the crossbox at once took over 5 minutes. It maked me wonder if there's a problem with Revit -dialog windows. I can't understand where else the problem lies. With over 1600 materials, just opening material - window from walls structure - window taked same 5  minutes. And to my knowledge it's just simple viewing procedure since nothing is changed yet. 5 minutes doesn't sound big deal, but just changing six wall-types to structural designers materials took me halv day. With Revit 2012 and earlier we never have had similar problems. 

I have deleted all temp -files. On my computer graphic card driver is newer than Revit certified by Revit, but It has been same problem with all of our computers undepende of the craphic card.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report