Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloping Ceiling : "OUch"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
424 Views, 8 Replies

Sloping Ceiling : "OUch"

Hi,
I have a similar Situation as my Post on a roof ( see : http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=439697 ) only this time it's a ceiling but, with floor/wall condition. I tried creating this ceiling using the procedures described in this tutorial http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2005/11/roof-massing-octagonal-blend.html but coudn't get it to work.
Is there a simpler way of doing this.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Meant to say ''Same' floor/wall condition' on the first sentence.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Uh-Hmm.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

If this is impossibly complicated to do this ceiling in Revit, can somebody please just at least try to indicated how one would accomplish this ceiling configuration. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Special Offer:

First person to successfully guide me to accomplishing this ceiling gets a free brand new island style Tank-top T-shirt when you email your mailing address to me. My email address will be sent to the winning persons E-mail adress.
I want to do this because I do feel that this roof is complicated and anyone replying will have to spend considerable amount of time.

Thanks
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry, meant to say 'CEILING' not Roof.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have prepared two examples. The one on the left uses a roof tool to create the ceiling and roof. The one on the right uses a ceiling tool for the ceiling and a roof tool for the roof.

Very simple to create using either. Use the slope tool in the roof for the ceiling and place a slope arrow on each of the eight sides to the center walls, then add a flat ceiling in the middle.

Basically the same if using a ceiling tool, except you have to create each of the eight panels individually. Create one panel and add a slope arrow to the center walls, then mirror the one around the building interior.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish? If so, send the T-shirt

Mel Persin, AIA
Specializing in Autodesk ADT-Revit Implementation & Training
melarch@ameritech.net
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

melarch,
I think I did the second part on my own but, I have to ask more info on the 1st one. Could you just explain in more detail how to did it ?
Thanks
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

The first example uses a roof for the roof and ceiling. You create the roof as normal and set the Cutoff Level to a level above where you intend to cut the roof down to or truncate it. Then set the Cutoff Offset to the distance you need to truncate the roof shape.

Mel Persin, AIA
Specializing in Autodesk Revit Implementation and Training

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report