Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sloped roof

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sampath.kumar
398 Views, 4 Replies

sloped roof

Hi,

I am workgin on the project with sloping roof. I have drawn beams with slope. however when I am drawing slab with slopes I am not geeting this slopes. There is gap between the beams and slab. I have attached screen shot for more information. Also I need to aplly load sfor this sloped roof. so can you please help me out in this issue.

Thanks,

Sampath

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

• make first the sloped beams
  • work then in a profil elevation View sot to see the slope ot the beams
  • comand : Roof > Roof by Extrusion > take as a work plane a plane parallel with the view > then choose Level 2 for placement > Draw > Pick Lines - choose an offset equal with the roof thicknes - then, click the uper line of the beam...adjust the roof in 3d view...
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: sampath.kumar

Hi,

Try this:
When placing the beams, make sure that start and end attachment are set to distance and the distance is zero. and use 3d snapping to draw from column to column.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the reply.

I tried making slope in revit using edit mode and giving different elevation for different points to match the slope required. Hoowever Analytical model doesnt show same slope. I have attttached pictures of same model in 3-D model and analytical model.

Message 5 of 5

The analytical model of a floor/slab will not slope if you use the slab shape edit tools.

The only way to slope a slab analytical model is to use a slope arrow to slope the floor.

Your other option is to leave the floor Analytical Model  flat and to project the beam Analytical models to the floor or the level (using auto-detect, or a manual vertical projection via the property palette)

If you are not running a Structural Analysis, you should feel free to disable, ignore, or hide the analytical model.

If you have more questions about Analytical Model, you will have more luck getting answers posting in the Revit Structure discussion group:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Structure/bd-p/153

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report