Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped Buildings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
josh
347 Views, 3 Replies

Sloped Buildings

Has anyone dealth with sloped buildings in any version of Revit. We are dealing with agricultural buildings which in some cases require the entire building to be sloped from footings to walls, roofs and structure. BTW, footings do not react well to sloped walls. I am trying to avoid adaptive modelling but I am wondering if it it the only way that this can be done.

Any help is greatly appreicated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: josh

In such type of situation I use:

• In Place Mass or a Concept Mass made in mass editor with sloped faces as desired and then load into project.
  • I apply then Wall by Face to sloped faces of the Mass Element...
  • sometimes I prefer to use Roof by Face , this when I need doors and windows aligned with the slope and not verticaly.
  • I made myself  Windows and/or Doors for sloped planes  as Generic Model Roof Based . This Family , the same like Wall Family , allows using Opening function. 

Image 02.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
josh

I think I should've been more specific. I have attached a picture of what I'm taking about when I say sloped buildings. It is obviously exaggerated, but we get buildings that slope upwards of 40" over a 200' length. 

I did this using edit profile, but this is very time consuming and footings will not follow the wall. I could recreate them as beams, but this is an extra step I do not want to take. 

Message 4 of 4
constantin.stroescu

I think that Edit Profile function  (as you suggest ) using Reference Planes as guide for slope angle and geometric construction is the right solution.

As about foundation, although I am an architect not an engineer , I believe that this must be realized in steps so to have only vertical load on soil and no horizontal component (as in case of  non zero angle foundation ) that can facilitate a slide movement of the building...

Image 06.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report