Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
dtdesign
Message 1 of 2 (224 Views)

Slab edge - Ramp

224 Views, 1 Replies
09-25-2012 04:47 AM

I am having a hard time figuring this out.

I have a slab that a building sits on - the slab becomes the sidewalk outside the building for 8'-0" of width and then it becomes a sloped ramp 4'-0" of width to the parking area - so there is no curb.  So, I cannot find out how to take a slab edge and slope id down from 4" thick to 0" thick over a 4'-0" width.

For clarification: the parking area ends 12'-0" from the face of the building - so you step out of the building, walk 8'-0" towards the parking area on flat slab and then you walk another 4'-0" towards the parking area on a sloped walk and then end up on the parking pavement.  The sidewalk is the full length of the building (roughly 25-0").

I looked into slab edge profiles but I cannot find one that subtracts instead of adds volume.  Is there a way to use massing to 'subtract' from the slab volume for this?

Any ideas out there?

Thanks - Dave.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)

Re: Slab edge - Ramp

09-25-2012 05:45 AM in reply to: dtdesign

Do the portion that is flat as a floor, and the portion that is sloped as a ramp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.