Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site scaling

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
278 Views, 6 Replies

Site scaling

Oops - I made a mistake when I scaled an imported JPG site plan & used it to create my topo. It appears that I'm not going to be able to re-scale the topo unless I'm missing something. Any ideas? Thx
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Glenn; Have you tried the resize command under the edit pulldown? Maybe that would work. -- From; Edward Borg Precision Drafting LLC http://precisiondraftingllc.com Cadkiller@aol.com "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:424e8746_2@newsprd01... Oops - I made a mistake when I scaled an imported JPG site plan & used it to create my topo. It appears that I'm not going to be able to re-scale the topo unless I'm missing something. Any ideas? Thx
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Ed - when you select the topo the resize function is grayed out. I tried both the fixed topo model & opening the topo to edit - in both cases the resize isn't available. "Cadkiller" wrote in message news:424eb39c_1@newsprd01... Glenn; Have you tried the resize command under the edit pulldown? Maybe that would work. -- From; Edward Borg Precision Drafting LLC http://precisiondraftingllc.com Cadkiller@aol.com "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:424e8746_2@newsprd01... Oops - I made a mistake when I scaled an imported JPG site plan & used it to create my topo. It appears that I'm not going to be able to re-scale the topo unless I'm missing something. Any ideas? Thx
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Glen; I haven't tied it myself, just figured it might work. What good is the command if it doesn't work with every type of object? -- From; Edward Borg Precision Drafting LLC http://precisiondraftingllc.com Cadkiller@aol.com "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:424eba22$1_3@newsprd01... Ed - when you select the topo the resize function is grayed out. I tried both the fixed topo model & opening the topo to edit - in both cases the resize isn't available. "Cadkiller" wrote in message news:424eb39c_1@newsprd01... Glenn; Have you tried the resize command under the edit pulldown? Maybe that would work. -- From; Edward Borg Precision Drafting LLC http://precisiondraftingllc.com Cadkiller@aol.com "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:424e8746_2@newsprd01... Oops - I made a mistake when I scaled an imported JPG site plan & used it to create my topo. It appears that I'm not going to be able to re-scale the topo unless I'm missing something. Any ideas? Thx
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You just need to fix the jpg scale and recreate the top based on that. The Resize tool doesn't work on topo.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

What is resize tool for? The only objects I have been able to resize are some AutoCAD imports
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Resize Using the Resize command, you can modify multiple elements simultaneously by changing their scale factor. The Resize command is available for lines, walls, images, dwg and dxf imports, ref planes, and position of dimensions. You can scale elements either graphically or numerically. All elements must lie in parallel planes; view-specific elements scale in a view parallel to the view; all walls in the selection must have the same base level. When you resize, you define an origin, which is a fixed point from which the element equally resizes. Resizing Graphically Graphical resize requires 3 clicks. The first click determines the origin; the next two clicks define the scale vectors. Revit calculates a scale factor by taking the ratio of the lengths of the two vectors. For example, you sketch a first vector that is 5 feet, and the second vector is 10 feet. This creates a scale factor of 2. The elements now become twice their original size. 1.. Select some supported elements, such as walls and lines. Be sure to select only supported elements. The Resize command is unavailable if your entire selection contains just one non-supported element. 2.. On the Edit Toolbar, click or click Resize on the Edit menu. 3.. On the Options Bar, select Graphical. 4.. In the drawing area, click to enter the origin point. The cursor snaps to various references, and you can press TAB to change the snap points. 5.. Move the cursor to define the first vector. First resize vector 6.. Click to enter that length. 7.. Move the cursor again to define the second vector. Second resize vector 8.. Click to enter that point. The selected element resizes such that the ends of vector 1 now coincide with those of vector 2. TIP: You can use listening dimensions to enter values for the lengths of the vectors. Resizing Numerically To resize numerically, you enter a scale factor first and then specify the resize origin. 1.. Select some supported elements. 2.. On the Toolbar, click . 3.. On the Options Bar, select Numerical. 4.. Enter a scale factor. 5.. Click in the drawing area to specify the origin. The element resizes by the defined scale factor. Resizing Walls Resizing moves the position of the wall's location line. It does not change wall height or thickness. Note that the origin point can be on a wall's location line and in which case, that wall's location line remains fixed. Green dashed line indicates wall location line In the next picture, the origin is not at the location line of the top wall. Its location line moves. The green dashed preview line that is below the top wall represents the wall location line. Location line moves when not the origin point In the next picture, the origin is at the location line of the top wall. Its location line does not move. The green dashed preview line in the picture represents the location line. Location line does not move when it is the origin point Resize Tips a.. Inserts in walls remain at a fixed distance from the wall's midpoint when you resize the wall. b.. Resize changes the position of dimensions but not their values. If you resize an element that a dimension references, the dimension value does change. c.. Import symbols have a read-only instance parameter called Instance Scale. It shows how much the instance size differs from the base symbol. You can change it by resizing the import symbol. -- From; Edward Borg Precision Drafting LLC http://precisiondraftingllc.com Cadkiller@aol.com "JTB" wrote in message news:424f8846_3@newsprd01... What is resize tool for? The only objects I have been able to resize are some AutoCAD imports Attachment not added (too many attachments): "firstresizevector.png" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "secondresizevector.png" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "resizeloclines.png" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "loclinemoves.png" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "loclinedoesntmove.png"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report