Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

site drainage

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1372 Views, 1 Reply

site drainage

Hi

I´m doing my first site plan in Revit, and I´m not sure what is the recommended way to show site drainage. The project is small (a house), and in Autocad I would normally just draw different types of dashed lines to represent surface water and foul drainage pipe runs, and various symbols to represent manholes etc. At this scale levels are usually worked out on site by the contractor, so calculating falls is not really necessary, although it would be useful to know how to do it if the need arose...

I was going to just use detail lines in a drafting view to keep things simple, but I´ll want the drainage to show up in a number of drawings so this might not be the best approach. What way do users normally do this?

Thanks

S
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
melarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure to create a duplicate view of the site plan and set its phasing to Existing, then select the site toposurface and change its phasing to be existing. Now open a New Construction phase site floor plan view and select the site toposurface and on the Site tab (2009) under the Design Bar or Massing & Site Ribbon (2010) select Graded Region.

In 2009 you will receive a Graded Region dialog window with a message to make sure your toposurface is phased to a prior phase and that you should be in a view of a future phase to be able to grade the region. In 2010 you will receive no message if everything is setup properly.

In 2009 check the box to copy the internal points and then pick select and edit button to select the toposurface you want to regrade. In 2010 select from the Edit Graded Region dialog window Create a new toposurface exactly like the existing one - both internal and perimeter points are copied. Acopy of the original (Existing Phase) toposurface has been created on top of the existing toposurface. To verify you have both toposurfaces place a apparent crossing or window selection box around the toposurface and you will see in the lower right-hand corner of the Status Bar were the select filter icon is located that 2 have been selected.

Now turn off the existing toposurface in the New Site plan view (Hide in View) and edit the new phase toposurface to regrade it for your drainage and landscape.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report