Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Designer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HVAC-Novice
290 Views, 2 Replies

Site Designer

I need to create a site plan to show how the building fits into the site. Civil design is done by someone else and I have the dwg of that linked in.

I created a toposurface, but that covers the dwg. So any tracing is difficult. How do i bring that forward? I had tried to create sub-regions and split the surface to assign different material (i.e. asphalt to street). but with subregions it seemed when I change the topo-surface the subregion doesn't adjust.

I installed "Site Designer" extension hoping that would be an easy tool. But it somehow shows me to have 4 topo surfaces (I only see one) when I set base toposurfaces (not sure I understand the concept). When I place a street it tells me it is outside the surface boundary. I assume it uses one of the (to me unknown topo surfaces).

I only need a toposurface in the "New phase". The one i created has a building pad (which may be seen as a second topo surface).

Any advice? Thanks.

Revit version: R2024.2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

You can move the dwg by changing it's associated level or offset in the Properties Palette. As for sub-regions, they will adjust vertically with any change to the main surface; whereas split surfaces are separate so will not adjust.

As for Site Designer, basically what it does when you lay in elements is that it creates a copy of the base surface where you can give it a name ans specify the phase for the new surface (and elements).

The error with the street is usually due to part of the new element that is going to be placed (street, wall, etc.) extends past the edge of the surface, so it can't be placed. I've noticed that the scale some of the elements are larger than expected, so I would try making the surface bigger.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks for the response. I'll try that.

Revit version: R2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report