Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Line Based Family cant be placed in project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sam.z
634 Views, 1 Reply

Simple Line Based Family cant be placed in project

Hello

I have a very simple 'Metric Generic Model line based' family that contains 1 rectangular extrusion.

My Problem: Revit wont allow me to place a FamilyInstance of this family inside a (Architectural) project. When I click Architecture Tab->Component->Place a Component and select my Family I get a circle with a cross in it and are not able to place my family instance anywhere. Note this occurs in all levels/views from Site to Level 1, 2 etc.. Do you know why this is happening? And how I can fix it?

Snap1.jpg

Please find attached my very simple Family. Any ideas why I can place it in a project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: sam.z

Look in Placement - to be : Place on Work Plane ( unless you want to place the family on the face of another element)

• after loading the family, in Project ( I suppose you are in a Level Plan): Properties >click on your  Simple Line Extrusion Family > Placement > check Place on Work Plane instead of Place on Face ( unless you want to place the family on the face of another element)

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

• If in Family Editor you will check the option Work Plane Based, then the default option in Project will be : Place on Work Plane instead of Place on Face

• You can do insert the family ,also by draging it from Project Browser > Families - Generic Model - Simple Line Extrusion  - take care, also to choose Place on Work Plan
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report