Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Line Based Family cant be placed in project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sam.z
639 Views, 1 Reply

Simple Line Based Family cant be placed in project

Hello

I have a very simple 'Metric Generic Model line based' family that contains 1 rectangular extrusion.

My Problem: Revit wont allow me to place a FamilyInstance of this family inside a (Architectural) project. When I click Architecture Tab->Component->Place a Component and select my Family I get a circle with a cross in it and are not able to place my family instance anywhere. Note this occurs in all levels/views from Site to Level 1, 2 etc.. Do you know why this is happening? And how I can fix it?

Snap1.jpg

Please find attached my very simple Family. Any ideas why I can place it in a project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: sam.z

Look in Placement - to be : Place on Work Plane ( unless you want to place the family on the face of another element)

• after loading the family, in Project ( I suppose you are in a Level Plan): Properties >click on your  Simple Line Extrusion Family > Placement > check Place on Work Plane instead of Place on Face ( unless you want to place the family on the face of another element)

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

• If in Family Editor you will check the option Work Plane Based, then the default option in Project will be : Place on Work Plane instead of Place on Face

• You can do insert the family ,also by draging it from Project Browser > Families - Generic Model - Simple Line Extrusion  - take care, also to choose Place on Work Plan

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report