Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple generic annotation family not snapping correctly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
abulla
2330 Views, 4 Replies

Simple generic annotation family not snapping correctly

I'm making a super simple generic annotation family consisting of linework and labels. As you can see from the picture, I want lines drawn to the red highlighted endpoints to snap there. However, the point it's snapping to is apparently the extents of the larger box above. I've tried changing the lines of the box to "not a reference" and the lines I want to snap to "strong reference" and it still doesn't behave the way I want it to. How can I change the snap points of my family?

Flow_Meter.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciejwypych
in reply to: abulla

Hi,
The snap point is an intersection of the bounding box of any annotation lines and the ref plane. So changing it's properties won't really work.
Just tick - Show border in your label's properties and remove the lines surrounding the label.
Message 3 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Revit is limited when comes to Generic Annotation. You have two refrence planes that is taking over the snapping.

The best alterntive solution I found, is to insert a cad line in this family to help the snapping

Here is a video of how to do it

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/f472c65d-2215-476c-908c-463ca5d97151

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5
abulla
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Excellent workaround, thanks for that!
Message 5 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Smiley Happy No problem

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report