Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign into autodesk 360 keeps crashing - Revit 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shivraj.panaich
861 Views, 2 Replies

Sign into autodesk 360 keeps crashing - Revit 2013

Everytime I try to sign into Autodesk 360 within revit using the top right drop down menu box it keeps crashing. A small window opens saying connecting but the box remians for a few seconds and then shuts down revit. 

Is there a way to fix this problem ? I have been reading around to see if its a known issue and havent been able to find any solutions.

I can Open Revit MEP log in through there and then open revit.

Edited: For some strange reason everytime I now open Revit it crashes on start up

Any help will be greatly apprieciated 

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nathalie
in reply to: shivraj.panaich

I am having the same problem. 

When I am in REVIT 2013 and try to log into Autodesk 360, REVIT shuts down and I am unable to log into Autodesk 360.

I have tried logging into Autodesk 360 from my desktop with out being in REVIT.  I am able to log in but when I try to open REVIT it doesnt open and says "REVIT has stopped working......"

Has anyone figured out why this is happening? Or are there any solutions?

Message 3 of 3
joefranco6047
in reply to: nathalie

Hi Nathalie,

I had the same problem, but with AutoCAD 2013.

With a bit of investigation, I found a couple of files that needed to be renamed for AutoCAD to work again.

They are located in your user directory under:

"C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services" the "xxxx" representing your profile name in windows.

(I'm using Windows 7, in Windows XP your profile is found in"Documents and Settings")

In the "Web Services" directory, add the extension ".bak" to the end of all files

Ex. "Event.xml.bak"

Then go to "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services\AcSettingSync" and add the extension ".bak" to the end of the file in this directory.

Lastly go to "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services\AdSync" and add the extension ".bak" to the end of the file in this directory.

Restart Revit in your case.

Revit will recreate the necessary files.

The cause most probably is that you don't have admin rights on your system to modify Revit configurations, therefore Revit crashes once Autodesk try's to modify a read only file.

Hope this helps Smiley Wink

Regards Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report