Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sidewalks, Road & Curbs. . .Oh My!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stuntmonkee
993 Views, 2 Replies

Sidewalks, Road & Curbs. . .Oh My!

Has anyone done a accurate site plan with sidewalks and figured out a way to do it right? Its a long explanation to explain why its difficult, but if you have tried, then you know what I'm talkin about.

Thanks
Stunts
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: stuntmonkee

My own lame solution is to draw the contours (including sidewalk contours) in DWG format then import. I often need to add/subtract some of the points to finesse the results. I keep thinking that the "points" in REVIT will become more intuitive to me, but they haven't yet. I don't use it too often, so perhaps it's just a matter of practice? I'm just more comfortable drawing the PLINE instead of the triangulated surface. In some instance I am also using the REVIT topo for everything except the site plan representation. Sorry I don't have a better answer. Regards, glynnis patterson, Architect RAND IMAGINiT www.rand.com/imaginit
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: stuntmonkee

Have you tried going through the tutorials on Using Site Tools that comes with Revit 5.1 or 6.0, which is the 33mb PDF file. If you do not have a copy you can download it for the Autodesk Revit website: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3106396&linkID=3770209 Download and License GOTO: Download Revit You can also download the latest version of Autodesk Revit. Select the following : Autodesk Revit 6.0 Content and Libraries Download Autodesk Revit 6.0 Content and Libraries. These files are typically downloaded automatically for you by the program installer. Then download Revit Help and Training Files .chm files (cab - 33.4 Mb) Usually installed to: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit 6.0\Program\ There are over 900 pages of tutorials in the PDF tutorials. Check it out. -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "stuntmonkee" wrote in message news:13184979.1076520213719.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Has anyone done a accurate site plan with sidewalks and figured out a way to do it right? Its a long explanation to explain why its difficult, but if you have tried, then you know what I'm talkin about. > > Thanks > Stunts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report