Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show opeing height

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
haydenwse
2839 Views, 4 Replies

show opeing height

There is a check box to show the opening height in dimensions strings but on several of my door and window families the height is not correct.  What parameter or element in the family controls this reporting dimension?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HermanSolomon
in reply to: haydenwse

Hi Haydenwse,

The problem is highly likely due to the height parameter in your window or door family referencing to an incorrect reference plane. The dimension's "Show Opening Height" value will extract the following (For OOTB families):

* Door: Height Paramater

* Window: Deault Height Height

The attached image will give you clarity

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 5
haydenwse
in reply to: HermanSolomon

Thanks for the reply.  I still do not understand what parameter controles the value shown on the dimension string.  I need it to show the rough opening in a CMU wall.  I have attached a couple of simple families.  both files correctly show the width of the rough opening but the height is incorrect.

On WSE_Single width flush door.rfa, the height is shown as the height of the door slab (7'-10") rather than the RO (8'-0").

On WSE door-Opening.rfa, the height is shown as floor height of slab (0") rather than the RO (10'-0").

Message 4 of 5
HermanSolomon
in reply to: haydenwse

Hi Haydenwse,

Your WSE door-Opening.rfa family takes the slab thickness into account, while the WSE_Single width flush door.rfa does not. As per the attached image, I have added a reference plane 0' - 15/16" below the Ref.Level of the single fluh door. I added a label parameter, "SLAB" to the dimension. In addition to the latter, I have swopped the "Height" dimension out to be "Rough Height". In the Type Paramaters, the formula that wass driving the "Rough Width" was "Height+2". I deleted that formula and added the the "Rough Height" formula to the "Height"parameter".

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 5
haydenwse
in reply to: HermanSolomon

Thansk for the reply.

So if I am seeing this correctly the height in the dimensions is contolled by the peramiter "Height" and this cannot be changed.  what I was attempting to do was keep height and width of the door slab as the driving peramembers which would be taken directly from the architecutral door and window schedule.  Then I have the frame offset added to that so that the rough opening would be the correct size.  What I need to report is the rough opening.  I guess that I can add a perameter that is "Slab Height" for input and let "Rought Height" = "Height".

I have the slab included in the height of the opening because much of the work I do is in precast concrete and the slab pours through the opeing after the wall panel is placed into position. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report