Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show AutoCAD dimension text in Revit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jonmcfarlandGY
1010 Views, 2 Replies

Show AutoCAD dimension text in Revit

I have a floor plan in AutoCAD that I'm using to layout the curtain wall panels.  My AutoiCAD dimension text is visible in floor plans and in a 3D view whrn Top is clicked in the ViewCube.  When I'm off perpendicular from the plan, the dimensions stay, but the text disappears.  Is there a way to retain the visibility of the text when viewing the scene from an angle?

Thanks,

Jon 

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

This is default behavior in Revit for imported \ linked annotation to only be visible when perpendicular to the current view. 

Annotation added directly in Revit should only be visible in the view it was added, since it was view specific.

So when looking in a preset floor plan view, or the “Top” designation on the ViewCube the annotation would be visible in the linked \ imported file.  When rotating around the model the annotation visibility would drop.

If you import and then explode the linked CAD file in a “Top” view, where the text is visible, it would display in all 3D views.  However annotation visible in 3D views will orient itself as you rotate around the model, so the results may not be as desired:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/S1psB2Ppy

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3

Ryan,

Thanks.  It looks like it will be easier to throw up some Revit dims and then delete them.

Thanks again,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report