Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Upgrade to Revit?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
chris_the_masshole
470 Views, 21 Replies

Should I Upgrade to Revit?

My ofiice is small, 4 employees total, including 2 drafters and two owners. We are currently using AutoCAD LT 2006. We did not sdo any 3D design that was not for presentation work, and when we needed presentation renderings I used MAX, which I purchased while still in school. But now, the license has expired and we will need to do more renderings soon.

The issue I am having is whether or not to just buy a single seat of VIZ (price reasons) or try to talk my boss into buying 2 seats of Revit (whioch are on sale for $1995 for LT users). He is on the fence but will ultimately go with my recommendation.

I know how easy Revot makes things, expecially coming from a 'dumb' program like LT. I have tinkered with it in the past and imagaine it would save lots of man power.

The only thing I am concerned about is Revit's rendering capabilities. I will be uinable to have my boss buy 2 seats of Revit & a seat of VIZ (a total of $6000, is just impossible for a 4 person firm right now).

I have attached a rendering that I did in MAX, can you please tell me if I should be able to render one with the same quality using Revit?

Any comments, or program suggestions are appreciated.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
CSantiago
in reply to: Anonymous

Look at your business profile because Revit is not for everyone.  I like Revit, but I actually use Sketchup paired with Autocad more then Revit.

Revit needs to improve their rendering and saving capabilities to be more flexible to the smaller office.  Having to upgrade every year can be hard when working with multiple clients who handle their own consultants.

It's a toss up as to whether switch or not.

Message 22 of 22
CSantiago
in reply to: lucasdub

Very true.  Rendering in Revit isnt presentation quality.  3DS Max when used in conjunction with Revit correctly works well but wil put a dent in your wallet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report