Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheets in a separated model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chidave
404 Views, 2 Replies

Sheets in a separated model

Hi

I am working on a large project where we are going to break the building down into 3 separate models to keep the size of the models down.

The models will be then linked into a master model as the attached image.

My question is what is the best method for doing the sheets. Would you keep the sheets in the separate models or would you do the sheets in the master model? what are the pros and cons.

I quite like the idea of keeping the sheets in one location to aid the production of pdfs and dwgs but imagine this will cause problems in controlling the graphics of the views.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
atiefenbach
in reply to: chidave

Put all the sheets and required views in the Master Model.  If you put the sheets in the individual models it will be difficult to manage revisions.  Also, you can't reference a view in a another model like floor plan callouts or details.

Anthony Tiefenbach
BIM Manager
HuntonBrady Architects
Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: chidave

Why are the levels and grids seperate? I would put levels and grids and sheets in master file. Then link all your files in. The master file might even double as the site plan. Using shared coordinates you can place the linked models and report their locations.
You can be efficient in splitting things up but don't over do it, linked files can be a PITA.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report