Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Notes Not Scheduling in Note Block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mwnarch
1152 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Notes Not Scheduling in Note Block

Good Morning Everyone.

This morning I created a Generic Annotation for a Sheet Note. I gave it three Parameters: Sheet Note Number, Sheet Note Text, and Note Sheet Number. All of these were Instance Parameters, for Type of Parameter I entered Text and fo Group Parameter Under I entered Text. I Created the Sheet Note Number as a label so that I could change the number within the proejct. After creating the Sheet Note Family, I loaded it into my project.  Within my project, I went to Manage->Project Parameters, and created the same Parameters with the same settings, and put them under the Project Information Catagory. 

So, here is the issue, In this particular project, I could create a Note Block and have all the notes scheduled with the Note Sheet Number being the filter so taht I could have different notes on different sheets. Worked brilliantly on that project. The issue came when I did the same thing for another project. Since I already had the Sheet Note Family, I loaded it into a new project, created the same Project Parameters there, and bammm, the notes would not schedule in a Note Block. Wouldn't even show up.  

Any thoughts? Any help is appreciated.

Here is the Annotation Family I used for the Sheet Note.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mwnarch
in reply to: mwnarch

Nevermind everyone, I think I figured out the issue.  For some reason, when I created the Note Block initially, I did not use the Sheet Note Family listed in the New Note Block dialog, then just renamed it after I created the Note Block. I originally entered my own Note Block Name. This worked on the previous project, but not the second. Anyway, if there are other ideas as to make this more streamlined, I am all ears.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
tnealey

Thanks so much for answering your question. Definitely saved me tons of time!
Message 4 of 4
leantoarch

Had the same problem. The trick is to bring in your keynote symbol first and then create the note block. When you create the note block you can choose your keynote symbol name as the parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report