Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Parameter?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
126 Views, 1 Reply

Shared Parameter?

I need to solve a little mystery. I've created my own truss and have added a length parameter named "Length" to it in the hope that the length would appear in the structural framing schedule. It does not. I opened the steel beam that, by default, is loaded into new Revit projects and found a similar Length parameter there that does appear in the schedule. What is the difference between my parameter and the steel beam's parameter? Do I have to go through all the external text file creation stuff to create a shared parameter in order to see my length in the schedule?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As you write it here it seems you -have not added the parameter >Length< to the shared parameter file - instead you only gave it the name Length, thinking it should work? Just - add the parameter to the shared parameters, it's done in a second! depending from your Revit version you can - add the parameter to shared parameter file when you add the parameter itself [in latest versions] or add it to the shared parameters via the file menu... either way it's a piece of cake. btw.. don't forget to use this shared parameter instead of the one you have, a name doesn't mean a thing.. although you won't be able to use the same name in the same family twice. Now you'll find the parameter in your schedules for sure. "Eugene N. Kilmer" schreef in bericht news:409a4264_1@newsprd01... > I need to solve a little mystery. I've created my own truss and have added > a length parameter named "Length" to it in the hope that the length would > appear in the structural framing schedule. It does not. I opened the steel > beam that, by default, is loaded into new Revit projects and found a similar > Length parameter there that does appear in the schedule. What is the > difference between my parameter and the steel beam's parameter? Do I have > to go through all the external text file creation stuff to create a shared > parameter in order to see my length in the schedule? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report