Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow on Topography

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3563 Views, 3 Replies

Shadow on Topography

Odd glitch.  I'm using shadows in a hidden line perspective view of a house on a site with topography modeled.  When the angle of the image is viewed from above the ground floor plane the shadows do not cast on the topography.  They only cast on the ground floor plane even in areas where there is no floor.  The shadows just "float" as if it is hitting a surface on the ground floor.  When I rotate the image to view from below the ground floor plane the shadow casts properly onto the topography.  What's up? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Where is the Ground Plane set in the sun settings?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

THANK YOU.  Very helpful tip.  I would have been either extremely lucky or spent hours to figure that one out. 

I find it odd that the software requires a ground plane to be established by the user for the sun.  I don't think 3DSMax even has this option.  And REVIT does not appear to allow the ground plane to be set globally.  Does EACH view have to be setup?  What is the benefit?  If there is one does it outweigh the benefit of a global ground plane setting for the sun? 

Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago

I believe once you have the sun settings set it should be 'global'. 

I am not familiar with 3ds max so i cannot respond those specific questions.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report