Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting walls at a fixed height relative to attached sloping floor ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MKEllis
2768 Views, 5 Replies

Setting walls at a fixed height relative to attached sloping floor ?

I've been trying to model a set of ramps, and after discovering that I couldn't attach the wall base to the ramp, I switched the ramps to floors.

Having attached the walls to the sloping and level floor sections - is it possible to set a fixed height for the walls (say 1000m) above the floor ? |I can see how to set them to a level, or an offset from a level - but not an offset from the floor surface to which they are attached.

Anyone have any tips ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MKEllis
in reply to: MKEllis

I should add that I know how to edit the profile of the wall and use the sketch tool - but I would rather find a way of linking the height to the ramped floors so that any changes to floor levels, landings and ramped sections permeate through.

Message 3 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: MKEllis

Hi. I would use reference planes. Add one along the ramp. Offset by 1000 mm. Select wall, and use attach top/base.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 4 of 6
wyvernwood
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks Ali,

I'm new to this - since the floor / ramp is made up of multiple sections (ramps and landings) - do I use a reference plane for each floor section (so I can have a variety of flat and sloped sections) ?

If so, how can I get the wall to attach and follow the reference planes if there are more than 1 ?

Answering my own question - do you use individual wall segments for each section of floor and attach each section to its own reference plane ?

Can you lock the reference plane to the surface of the floor ? (sorry for such a basic question - but is it as simple as adding a dimension and locking it ?)

Sorry for the vague questions - I don't have access to Revit in the office to check.

Message 5 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: wyvernwood

Hi.

1- Create you wall (Entire length)

2- If wall at grid create a framing elevation, if not, Create a section passing through wall in longitudinal direction

3- Create reference planes

4- Split wall vertically at corresponding locations

5- Attach each wall seperately

Another options would be to do the following

1, 2, 3, - Same as above

4- edit profile and draw your new profile

5- Join wall where needed to get clean joints.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 6
wyvernwood
in reply to: AJA14

Many thanks for your help Ali - I'll try that out later tonight.

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report