Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Out Sloped Ceiling Grid

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CADKeir
553 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Out Sloped Ceiling Grid

I'm quite new to Revit, so this is probably a really simple task!

This is the scenario:

I am able to set my sloped suspended ceiling to the right heights/planes at either end of the room, however, I then want to set the 1200 x 2400 grid out from the centre of the room or however best fit, for some reason I am not able to click on the hatch lines properly to create an appropriate setting out point when the ceiling as at an angle.

I have tried setting the ceiling out first when the ceiling is in the horizontal position, but when I turn this into a slope, the hatch moves from the original setting out point.

Does anyone have an answer for this?..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: CADKeir

I checked, but could not replicate your problem.

Maybe you can upload your stripped project (e.g. a single room with sloped ceiling) so we can have a look

(check that problem is still there before uploading)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
CADKeir
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for your reply,

I have attached a model of the room and ceiling for you to look at, the grid can be centred from "left to right" in the room but not from "Top to bottom" along the line of the slop as it were.

By the way, I am using Revit 2013 currently.

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: CADKeir

I opened your file in Revit 2015, do not have 2013 available. I have no problems moving the grid.

RefClngOrig.png

RefClngMvd.png

Selected the grid and moved it left/rigth forwards/backwards.

Maybe somebody else can try it with Revit 2013 and see if this is an issue with that version?

Also check if there are updates/service packs available. If it was an issue maybe it is solved in one of the SPs.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report