Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self created family willl not load into project file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 2 of 7
???arch
518 Views, 6 Replies

Self created family willl not load into project file

I created a family and tried loading it into a project I am working on, but it will not show up.  Occassionally, the system says it is automatically making it visible, but I am not able to place it in the project.  I am capable of loading a family already provided by the Revit program (2013) just not a family I create myself.  I have used the tutorial as an example, ensuring it was a solid but that did not help.  I also checked/ turned on all of the properties settings but it did not help.

Any suggestions, Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
???arch
in reply to: ???arch

I created a family using the tutorial as an example and made sure it was a solid.  After I saved it, I tried to load it  into my project but it is not visible.  I opened the properties box to make sure that everything was checked but it did not help.  Occasionally, the system indicates it is overriding something and it shows up, but it will not load. I can load a predetermined family that came with the program, just not a self created family. Can anyone offer a suggestion.  I am using Revit 2013.  Thanks

Message 3 of 7
???arch

It should read; Self created family will NOT load into project

Message 4 of 7
jonmcfarlandGY

What type of family did you create?

When you look in the Browser, is it listed?

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 5 of 7
???arch
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

Jon

I created a Generic Model Family using the tutorial ensuring that it was a solid geometry object.  It says it is loaded, it is just not visible.

Yes, I can see it in the brower.  I saved the file in a folder other than the family library.

Message 6 of 7
jonmcfarlandGY

If it's in the Browser, expand the category until you see the family and then drag it into a view.  If it's Revit 2012 or earlier, post the file and I'll take a look at it.

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 7 of 7
???arch
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

Jon,

Thanks that did work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report