Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Preview

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ryant_cook
2008 Views, 9 Replies

Selection Preview

While working on a particular residential model, Revit 2015 will no longer provide me with the selection preview which highlights elements in blue. Only once I click on an element does it highlight, this is an issue because I often use tab to select multiple elements or to select something that is partially obstructed. Another symptom I have noticed is that at about the same time the selection preview fails, my model (in Realistic or Hidden line view mode) begins to show things partially transparent. [The model begins to show edges that should be hidden behind the element.] I have attached an image of this happening, any ideas about what is going on? Is my graphics card lacking? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Firmanf
in reply to: ryant_cook

Thank you for posting your question.

From what you said this is happening in one project only. is that correct? It seems like what you are describing is an issue with the graphics.

1. Have you checked to see if you have a certified or the latest driver for the graphics card?

2. Have you Audit your file?

3. Can you please try turning off the Hardware Accelaration?

If you have tried the suggestions above, I would suggest doing a repair in Revit and see if that helps. (Go to Control Panel>Uninstall a program>Choose Revit> Uninstall. When the dialog box appear, choose Repair.)

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 10
Firmanf

Did the suggestions work?

Fernanda Firman
Message 4 of 10
ryant_cook
in reply to: Firmanf

Firmanf

Thank you for your suggestions, I didn't realize cases were closed and then reopened. I was experiencing an issue with my ADSK Application Manager as well, after correcting that issue I was able to install the UR files for Revit. I also downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card from the NVIDIA website. I turned hardware acceleration off about a month ago when the issue began, and have since turned it back on. Due to other projects, I have only spent limited time in that model since the repairs, but it seems to be working better. Within the next week I will be back in that model for a considerable amount of time and should know whether or not those solutions remain effective. Thank you for your assistance/ patience and I will be sure to respond to this thread if anymore issues arise.

Message 5 of 10
ryant_cook

Has anyone had an issue running Revit with a GeForce graphics card? I want to upgrade from my old Nvidia Quaddro k700 to the GeForce gtx 980 but am hesitant because it is not on the supported Revit list. Everything I have read on the forums so far suggests that Revit isn't very graphics card intensive but I am having some display issues with my k700. The gtx 980 is attractive because of its price and its high level of pass points. Anyone have experience using the GeForce for Revit? Revit and Cad are my daily programs but I am in Lumion weekly and would greatly benefit from reduced render times there

Message 6 of 10
lmalecNSWG7
in reply to: Firmanf

I have the same problem as described above and done the steps given but the problem repeats.

The issue appears with only one <90Mb model. My Graphics Card: GeForce NVIDIA GTX 960M with the latest drivers.

In Options there's an information:

'Unknown video card: The installed video card 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M' has not been tested with Revit.
You may continue to use Hardware Acceleration.
If you experience graphics display issues, you should:
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration'

I've turned off the hardware acc. but nothing happened.

Can you help me with this issue?

Message 7 of 10
rshanish

The view itself may be corrupted somehow. There is no setting to turn off selection preview that I know of, hence the theory.  I deleted my default 3D view and created a new one and that seemed to work. 

Message 8 of 10
SAAdamNixon
in reply to: rshanish

I'm having this issue as well.

I've tried both deleting my 3D working view and creating it from scratch. Also tried duplicating views.

Nothing will fix the issue, like OP, it won't highlight objects when I mouse over them. only when it's selected does it turn blue.

Edit:

So I guess I fixed it. I Opened the central model with an audit, and then saved to central with compact. Now when I make a new 3D view, it does highlight things when I mouse over them.

Message 9 of 10
ryant_cook
in reply to: SAAdamNixon

Have you toggled hardware acceleration on/off in the options menu? This problem usually happens when I've been working in a particular view for awhile. Usually closing and reopening the file fixes the issue. Duplicating and deleting the original 3D view has helped too.

Message 10 of 10
SAAdamNixon

It's been a long standing issue with this model. It's very heavy and wasn't built by me, I just have the good fortune of having to navigate the mess.

Opening and closing it didnt help, neither did the toggling of graphics display.

Creating new views from scratch didnt fix it, neither did duplicating the views.

I think it was the Audit combined with making a new view post audit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report