Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting walls by height or thickness.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rock9
2448 Views, 6 Replies

Selecting walls by height or thickness.

In AutoCAD I used to put walls in different layers according to their thickness. This made easy for working with them. I could lock or hide other walls that don’t want to work upon. How can I do that in Revit?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vector3
in reply to: rock9

Yeah you can hide a wall you're not working on. Just select the wall

and go down to those little glasses on the view bar.

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun

If you select a group of elements, you could use the Filter to select only Walls, but not a specific Type of Wall. You could create one or more View Filters to easily control the visibility of Walls based on their thickness, using the Width parameter. Go to:

Visibility/Graphics Overrides » Filters tab » "Edit/New..." button towards the bottom.

Create a new filter, check the Walls category from the list, and set the filter rules as appropriate. (Just ask if you need any assistance).

WIth this, you can turn off the walls that fit within the Filter Rules, so you can select only the Walls that you want to select. This does not appear to be possible to do according to Wall Height, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
rock9
in reply to: CoreyDaun

where is this option found? i'm using 2012 version

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

Hit "VG" for Visibility/Graphics Overrides and see attached image.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
parveen.revit

you should also try to create a wall schedule and try to filter the desired walls using filters there.

let us know the results plz.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 7 of 7
rock9
in reply to: parveen.revit

thank you for providing this tip. this works great 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report