Revit Architecture

msheir
Message 1 of 6 (395 Views)

select glass panel

395 Views, 5 Replies
04-14-2012 05:05 PM

Hi there,

I'd like to select glass in curtain wall to put door in it  , but it didn't select .......why?

attach Jpg for it

Thanksdoor.jpg

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 2 of 6 (392 Views)

Re: select glass panel

04-14-2012 05:16 PM in reply to: msheir

You probably just need to tab until it gets the panel.

msheir
Message 3 of 6 (378 Views)

04-14-2012 06:45 PM in reply to: vector2

Thanks for your reply

joshdwilson1
Message 4 of 6 (334 Views)

04-19-2012 08:53 AM in reply to: msheir

Also try this when you put in the door it should have a offset for it and just raise the offset and the door should apper I had the same problem and once I did that it was fine same goes for windows.

Active Contributor
CSEnginuities
Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

04-19-2012 06:39 PM in reply to: msheir

Here's a good video with the "Tab" selection method another poster mentioned --

http://youtu.be/zuNuFEdz8yM

My personal preference is to select items by filtering a selection -- whatever works best for you.  To filter a selection, first define a selection box (left-to-right or right-to-left just like in AutoCAD) which contains the panel you want to select.  When you do this, you'll see a "Filter" icon automatically pop up on the ribbon (across the top of the Revit window).  Select this, then check or uncheck categories so that the item you want to select is the only item checkmarked.  If your selection box only has one panel contained, you should see a "(1)" in that category.  Hit OK then you should be good to go with swapping the panel out with a door. 

G'luck!

Clara
----------
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Mentor
parveen.revit
Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)

04-20-2012 02:41 AM in reply to: msheir

It's important to bring the cursor at any edge of that panel, you can't select it from center.

Once you bring it at the edge, see the status bar at the bottom of revit interface, press tab to select he desired panel.

The selection window is also a good panel but you need to make sure that the selection windows captures only one panel. then you can use filter to select that single pane.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.