Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

section tail

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
regalith
537 Views, 1 Reply

section tail

Can I have use both the horizontal and vertical secton tail in the same project?  When I change the tail in one system family it changes the tails on all the types.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lanl
in reply to: regalith

Hi regalith,

You can create two types of the section, and set one type with a vertical section tail "M_Section Tail-Filled", and one type with a horizonal section tail "M_Section Tail-Filled Horizontal". See attachment "section tail.JPG".

If you want to switch between vertical,horizonal section tail in one section tail family, the you can open the M_Section Tail-Filled.rfa file, create family types, for example, type1 and type2, then create a horizonal filled region in this family, and set the horizonal filled region to be visibile in type2, and vertical filled region to be visible in type 1. Then load this family to the project, and then in the section tail list, it will show up "M_Section Tail-Filled: Type1" and "M_Section Tail-Filled: Type2".

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report