Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Tags: Filter views on sheets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Beth1285
8971 Views, 5 Replies

Section Tags: Filter views on sheets

Is there a way to filter which sections tags show on a plan by whether or not they are on a sheet? I have multiple "working" sections and not all will nessecarily end up as part of the set/ on a sheet, so for the plans on a sheet, I only want section tags that are actually part of the set, and when I add more to sheets, I want those to show up on the plan. 

I can hide the elements individually, but that creates a lot of extra work and management every time I want to add a section to a sheet, or create a new section.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
enslinj
in reply to: Beth1285

Hi there,

As far as I know, while we can many filters on sections that functionality isnt one of them.
I may be wrong, so please correct me if someone knows otherwise.

My suggestion for what you want  to do & with the least amount of work.

Click "R", print , do your regular settings, click setup, tick the option "hide unreferenced view tags"

Revit will only ever print the sections that are placed on sheets & you never have to worry about what your drawing looks like with regards to "working" sections being all over the place.

Hope this helps you out.....let me know.

Message 3 of 6
Beth1285
in reply to: enslinj

That does exactly what I want! Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
jbrownPRYDM

Is there a way to have the system default to always exclude unreferenced tags?  I never want them to print, so I'm looking for a default option.

thanks,

Jason

Message 5 of 6
stefanovic_darya

Personally, I dislike seeing unreferenced tags in my documentation views even if they are set not to print in the printing dialog, simply because they add clutter, as well as they may cover something important that I need to keep an eye on (like a wall tag)... I prefer to display only information that is going to print. if you are like me, then you can set up a Filter for unreferenced views (screen shot attached). Just check Elevations, Sections and Callouts in category type; and for filter rules set Filter by: Sheet Number "does not begin with" "A" (works for us but we only do architectural scope). 

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: stefanovic_darya

Sheet Number "is less than" "0" would work on any sheets given you don's have -1, -2, etc as the Sheet number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report