Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope Boxes - Revit 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alyman
4980 Views, 4 Replies

Scope Boxes - Revit 2014

I have a hotel that I am working on that is split into three buildings. Each of the three buildings are at different elevations due to the grade slope. Two of the buildings I am able to specify a scope box to each of its two floors. There is one building where both of its floor plans have the scope box line greyed out and I am not able to specify the box for it. I have looked everywhere and can't find out why. Any thoughts?
Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damo3
in reply to: alyman

Cut a section through your scope box and make sure its base cuts through the levels. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 5
alyman

As far as I can tell it has something to do with the view, but there are no parameters that I can find that might have something to do with it. No matter how large I make the scope box the option to associate it with a view is always greyed out.
Message 4 of 5
alyman

Nevermind. I found this morning that the view had been cropped at some point and one side of the boundary had been jogged. Once the view was reset I was able to apply the scope box.
Message 5 of 5
alex.gallegos

Other reasons are:
Crop Region may be Rotated manually.  Some people do this instead of applying Project North or True North.
Crop Region>Edit Crop Region may be manually rotated.  (individual lines in Sketch Mode)

Corp Region>Edit Crop Region may not be an exact rectangle or square

Solution is to click on 'Reset Crop'.  (Contextual Tab)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report