Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling question? Can in the same Schedule list the object phase?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
billy007
152 Views, 5 Replies

Scheduling question? Can in the same Schedule list the object phase?

I have a Door Schedule, Window Schedule and Room Schedule I want to be able to schedule that objects phase it was created in? So I have a list of existing windows, New windows and Demo windows? ALL in the same Schedule?

I new to revit scheduling so be gentle please! No 15 page work arounds. I would hope its just adding a column and linking that to what used to be ADT's property set that points to the phase? That would be too easy!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: billy007

In the schedule, right click and go to properties. Use the phase and
phase filter options to create your schedules accordingly.

billy007 wrote:
> I have a Door Schedule, Window Schedule and Room Schedule I want to be able to schedule that objects phase it was created in? So I have a list of existing windows, New windows and Demo windows? ALL in the same Schedule?
>
> I new to revit scheduling so be gentle please! No 15 page work arounds. I would hope its just adding a column and linking that to what used to be ADT's property set that points to the phase? That would be too easy!
Message 3 of 6
billy007

Right but I want just one schedule and in that one schedule there be a column that is headed Phase and in that it reads the Phase of the objects (windows or doors) and reports that in the schedule.

I can schedule just the existing and just the demo and just the new and new + existing but I want ONE schedule that does all that in a column?

Thanks
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Then you will have to add your own parameter. Then you will have to
manually assign Existing/Demo/New to each element. Doing this can lead
the way to human error.

You could have a master schedule with all the elements, and then break
out each phase in it's own schedule. Then making sure that New doors
were indeed assigned NEW in the schedule would be easier.

I don't know of a way to automatically add a col. with the phase
descriptions.

billy007 wrote:
> Right but I want just one schedule and in that one schedule there be a column that is headed Phase and in that it reads the Phase of the objects (windows or doors) and reports that in the schedule.
>
> I can schedule just the existing and just the demo and just the new and new + existing but I want ONE schedule that does all that in a column?
>
> Thanks
Message 5 of 6
billy007

ADT you could make your own style based or object based property sets and we would create door styles that had new or existing or demo built in so it would schedule that. Revit can schedule anything so it should be possible to automactically read that field of the phase?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Revit does read the phase of the door. It is just that there is no
ready made parameter OOTB to make that a column in your schedule.

billy007 wrote:
> ADT you could make your own style based or object based property sets and we would create door styles that had new or existing or demo built in so it would schedule that. Revit can schedule anything so it should be possible to automactically read that field of the phase?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report