Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Nested Families

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Barryfisher
483 Views, 4 Replies

Scheduling Nested Families

Hi All

I have a Pile Family which i have nested into a pilecap family but when i change the pile diameter parameter in the pilecap family the Pile diameter does not change. I have attached an explanation with images. I need a nested pile family because i need to schedule the pile seperately from the pilecaps when i import into a project.

I'm sure there is something small that i have missed. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day 🙂

Cheers Barry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is the correct workflow:

Family 1 is the pile. Family 1 should be set to "shared". In Family 1, create a shared parameter "pile dia", by instance, to control the diameter of the pipe. 

Family 2 is the cap. Family 2 is not shared. Family 1 is loaded into Family 2. Place the piles (Family 1) as many times as necessary, at the correct places in regards to the cap; align and lock, etc. Now select all the instances of Family 1 (the piles). From their instance properties, find the "pile dia" parameter, and click on the small rectangular button next to the name of the parameter, to associate this parameter, to a new, local, "pile dia" family parameter (not shared) (by type or instance) in Family 2.

Load Family 2 into project, and place some instances. In the project, you can change the diameter of the piles by changing the family parameter included in Family 2. And now you can schedule the diameter of the piles.

This workflow is for the diameter. You could/should do the same about the length of the pile.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

Alfredo Thanx very much for helping me on this. I understand what you are saying but this is still not working for me. I have attached a pdf showing where i'm at.

Many Thanks

Barry

Message 4 of 5

What you show in this PDF is correct. The fact that the piles don't change in diameter is most likely a problem in Family 1 (the pile), where the diameter of the extrusion (the pile) is not really being controlled by the "pile dia" parameter.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5

Thankyou very much, you were correct. Works perfect...

Have a good day.

Cheers Barry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report