Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedules

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
135 Views, 1 Reply

schedules

Help please...how do you create a door/window schedule? I noticed that the window tags are not like ADT 2004, where it numbers the windows sequentially, but it does for my doors, how do I fix this? And is there a tool where I can just generate a schedule by selecting all the windows or doors?
Thanks so much for the help!
nikki
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Schedules are just another view of the project data. They are created with the VIEW menu item:

VIEW > NEW > SCHEDULE/QUANTITIES

You choose the category of items you want a schedule for and add the fields that you'd like to include.

Window tags use the TYPE MARK field while doors use the MARK field. The TYPE MARK field is a "type" parameter which is to say that this value is true for all windows of a "type" versus Instance parameters which are true for only one item.

The MARK parameter is an instance parameter which is why you can enter a specific value for each door while the window you can not. It is pretty common to identify windows by type in projects here.

You can load and use the stock Revit window tag - number.rfa instead. It is found in the annotation folder of Revit's stock content library. This tag will let you display the MARK value for each window instead.

You don't have to select doors to add them to schedule. Doors automatically show up in a schedule as soon as you create a schedule view to display the data. You can filter and sort a schedule by the fields you include in the schedule. You could for example, restrict your schedule to show only doors on a specific level.

As for sequential numbering, as you place doors Revit numbers them automatically. If you tag them as you place them you can control how they are numbered. Placing the first door and entering a value will find each subsequent door you place numbered sequentially following the first value. In practice however it can often be easier to number doors later in a schedule. Particulary if you include the "From Room Name"/"Number" and "To Room Name"/"Number" fields to the door schedule.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report