Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DavidRaines
409 Views, 6 Replies

Schedules

How does one remove unused doors and windows from schedules.

thanks

David

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Unused items are by default excluded from schedules.

If anything appears in schedule, you have used it in model.

- Sagar
Message 3 of 7
VWD-MLM
in reply to: DavidRaines

As Sagar stated, it an Item is in ANY schedule, it has been placed into the model somewhere.  To get rid of an item, you must delete from the model/drawing window.  If you cannot find it by 'site' alone, you can go to schedule, click on the offending item, and at the top you'll see a button go hot that says "SHOW"  .Click on the Show button and it will take you to the object in the model.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 4 of 7

Not True, I have doors 10 thru 35 used and door 36-78 as repeatitive doors with a new number in the schedule. I have  tried purging without avail.

thanks

David

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

The Doors and Windows may exist on another Phase or perhaps even on a Design Option. Try these two methods of locating them:

1. From the Schedule, click on a line of data for one of the Doors that shouldn't be there. On the ribbon, click "Highlight in Model" to select all of the elements that fit the criteria of that line of the Schedule.

2. From the Project Browser » Families, find one of the Families that shouldn't be appearing on your Schedule. Right click on the Type and choose either:

· "Select All Instance in Project" - the amount of elements present will be display next to the Filter, in the bottom right corner. If there are no elements of that Type, this option should be grayed-out.

· "Delete" - This will forcefully remove it the Project, but it will first report how many instances will be deleted. The process can be canceled.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
DavidRaines
in reply to: VWD-MLM

I did as instructed (I think) and I deleted all doosr for in that instance. I cannot seem to delete unwanted doors or separating the doors so one can delete unwanted.

thankd

David

Message 7 of 7
rosskirby

I've found that in a lot of cases, all you need to do is make sure that the phase filter for your schedule is set correctly.  Go to the schedule, and in the properties palette, make sure the phase is set to new construction, and the phase filter is set to "show new".  This will filter the schedule to shoes only the new doors, and none of the existing or demolished ones, which I'm assuming is what you're after, although your post is a little unclear on that point.

However , if you want too selectively show a certain range or mix of doors, you'll have to do it via thpeople filter tab in the schedule properties.  

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report