Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules/ subtotal/ area/ occupancy

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Beth1285
1172 Views, 1 Reply

Schedules/ subtotal/ area/ occupancy

I am trying to calculate occupancy for my building (or get Revit to do it for me) and I have an office suite, of mulitple offices and meetings rooms and a corridor. Rather than take occupancy for each individual office, our office standard is to take the area of the whole suite and give it the occupancy for a business area. 

I've come up with a few ways of accomplishing this, but can't seem to figure out how to make any of them work:

1. General a "room" of the office suite, and have that added to the schedule. (though that would overlap with other rooms, and I don't think Revit will allow it)

2. Generate an area plan of the office suite, and somehow add that to the same schedule as the rooms (though I can't seem to figure out how to get "areas" and "rooms" to show up on the same schedule)

3. Have the schedule give me a subtotal of select rooms, totaly their area, and find the occupancy of that. I can get a subtotal by Level, or other options, but can't see to get a subtotal of a selection of rows in the schedule. (Not idea, because this would not include wall thickness, but that would make a minimal difference, so if that's the only option, so be it.)

4. Any other suggestions of how to accomplish this!

Thoughts?

Screen shot showing my schedule, highlighting which rooms I want in the office suite.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Beth1285

Maybe just add some project parameters to the rooms (e.g group & group occupant load).

Then you are able to group and total by these parameters. See screenshot as an example of the direction I am thinking about.

Schedule.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report