Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules / Drops Downs and Schedule Keys

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1426 Views, 1 Reply

Schedules / Drops Downs and Schedule Keys

I've encountered an inconsistency with Revit Schedules and want to know if someone can clarify the behavior.

I have certain parameters I'm using in a Door Schedule that should offer a drop-down list of options.  When I click in the schedule cell to make a change, I don't get the drop-down.  If I select the same door element in the model (such as in a Floor Plan view), I get the drop-down in the Properties window.

One parameter is a Shared Parameter, which is Instance-Based called "Panel Type", and is the "<Family Type...>" kind of parameter.  The other troublesome parameter is a Project Parameter from a Schedule Key (Key Name) for a predefined list of Hardware options.  Again, the drop-down box doesn't appear in the schedule cell but does appear in a model view on the Properties window.

Strange enough, if I create a new Door Schedule from scratch and add these same two parameters, the schedule behaves properly and offers the drop-down box.

Any idea why these drop-down boxes might get "locked out" in the schedule?  I don't mind re-creating my Schedule once, but I'd prefer to understand what and why Revit is behaving this way to avoid this in the future.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

If you activate "Itemize All Instance", is the functionality of the drop-down restored? Maybe there are elements that don't have that pull-down list being lumped into the same schedule line.

Also, as a bug-test, try duplicating the Schedule View and/or setting the Filters to show only elements from the specific Family with that pull-down and see if that works.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report