Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule wall finishes in m2 per room

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Joris.vd.Meulen
1341 Views, 1 Reply

Schedule wall finishes in m2 per room

Hi,

Struggling with schedules. I would like to know the m2 of wall(finishes) per room.

For example: the living has 80m2.

The 80m2 consists of:
40m2 wall named "a"
50m2 wall named "b"

And 10m2 opening (door) named "c"

a + b - c = 80m2.

I can create beautiful room schedules which has the perimeter. Perimeter times height gives me the m2 however the dooropenings aren't in the formula. So I'm kinda stuck here.

Love to hear your suggestions.

3Pinter

love python coding
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Joris.vd.Meulen

In Revit 2012, you can use Parts to assign different Materials to the various "layers" of a compound wall, floor , ceiling etc.

You can also Schedule Parts. So--try createing a new Material Takeoff Schedule, and include Parts in the Fields.

Highlight one of your walls, and click "create Parts".

You can now individually select the "Parts" and assign a specific Material to them. You can also check "Shape Handle" to make it editable, and you can drag the edges of the Part, which changes its area.

You can also use Divide Parts to assign different Materials to a single Part. The Areas of these Materials will schedule as well.

The door openings will automatically be subtracted in your Material Takeoff Schedule.

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report