Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Report Export Shortcut

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
BIMAbhi
1937 Views, 12 Replies

Schedule Report Export Shortcut

How to create shortcut for Revit Schedule export. We have attached a snap for youre rerefence. We have created the shortcut but not work .Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
LisaDrago
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Hello - I see what you are saying, the shortcut does not work.

What I am seeing is that when I try the shortcut - it is trying to fill in one of the fields with what I type.

Not sure you will be able to actually get it working.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 13
BIMAbhi
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for your response.

Our main intention is to create a short cut command for the marked one portion in the snap. Mainly we can create a shortcut command for schedule export in csv format.
Without using shortcut we have to follow the mentioned steps:

1. Go to the specific schedule which is required to export
2. Then go to Application menu "R" > Export > Reports >Schedule
3. After we can save the schedule in csv format.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 13
BIMAbhi

Hello LisaDrago,

We are waiting for your suggestion.

Thanks

RNDPIS

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 5 of 13
LisaDrago

Hello RNDPIS - at this time I have no other suggestions, other then doing it through the application menu as you have stated.

No one else has responded - so I do no think there is another viable way.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 6 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

@ the OP :

If I understand correctly, that tool exports schedules as .txt extension, only. A simple shortcut is not going to save you the step to save the .txt as .csv. You may need to do that in Excel or a text editor, anyway. Probably you don't need a shortcut but a macro.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 13
BIMAbhi

Thanks for the response. Mainly we need to create a shortcut for schedule export in csv format as we press WA shortcut for wall creation (for example).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 8 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

Not possible as a shortcut. The tool does not even save in that .csv format, so you will need to do some additional clicks in another program anyway. You need something more advanced than a simple shortcut abbreviation.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 13

@Alfredo_Medina Is there any way to export schedule as .txt file using shortcut??? 

Message 10 of 13
Sahay_R
in reply to: pratikB3DKV

@pratikB3DKV  - open a schedule. 

Then File>>Export>>Reports>>Schedule

You will be able to save it to a Delimited Text (.txt) file

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 11 of 13
lukas.pragt
in reply to: Sahay_R

Quite an old post, but I found this helpfull video..

Message 12 of 13
MachielAEC

Schedules don’t really like shortcuts as it wants you to fill in info into a cell even if a non-editable cell has been selected.

what I can recommend is to rather use DiRootsOne plugin and the Sheetlink feature as this will allow the export of single/ multiple schedules. FYI, its free

https://diroots.com/revit-plugins/dirootsone/

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---
Message 13 of 13
asf.arq

@BIMAbhi, @lukas.pragt answer is kind of a solution. You should mark it as such!

😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report