Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Help?: Calculated Value

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1599 Views, 8 Replies

Schedule Help?: Calculated Value

Hello,

I need to concatenate a few different Parameters into a single Value,
by using the Calculated Value feature of Revit Schedules.

Issue #1
What is the Proper syntax to concatenate stings together in a Revit formula?
(I've tried: P1String & P2String with no luck...)

Issue #2
Not all parameters that I wish to concatenate are Strings. One is an
Integer.
does Cstr(Integer) work to convert it to a String?

Thanks.
--
CoreyL
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Cory,

Issue #1
Revit has no string operations available, period. This has been on the wish list for some time.

Issue #2
Same answer as Issue #1
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Scott_Womack wrote:
> Cory, Issue #1
Revit has no string operations available,
> period. This has been on the
wish list for some time.
> Issue #2 Same answer as Issue #1 

Thanks for the confirmation,
S.

I know that I'll be preaching to the choir
when I say this but,

Maybe the Revit Developers should start
spending a little more time

on improving Revit's data (or
BI(nformation)M) features,

to at least *approach* AutoCAD Architecture's
capabilities?

As a bonus-effect,

they'd have a *much* easier of a time
woo-ing

converts from that Product, if they
did...

--

CoreyL
www.cadaptation.com

class=q0>
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Any news on Concatenation of text fields inside schedules. It's more than 4 years ago and this has been asked over and over again.

Does anybody have an alternative solution to combine 2 of 3 parameters into one schedule field.

Example:

Paramater 1: Could be 1,2,3.....999

Parameter 2: Could be 1,2,3.....999

Parameter 3: Could be A,B,C....XX

The combined field could be something like 1.8.XX

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

I'm still waiting. Hoping. But not holding my breath.

Since there seems to be no limit to the length of a Revit formula, it might be possible to create a combo-parameter, assuming that all of the subsequent parameters have a finite number of possibilities. The attached .pdf file is an extreme example of a formula that effectively combines the values of multiple parameters into one.

If you can provide some info on your Parameters, perhaps we can provide some help in constructing a possible formula.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Corey, thanks for your respond.

I'm using 2 text parameters(1 instance and 1 type).

The are filled with numbers and dots, for example 10.10 or 21.42 etc.

I'm trying to do 2 different things, the first is to combine the two in one field.

For example (10.10.21.42)

The other thing what i'm trying to do is show one of the two parameters in case one is empty.

So for example, I have Parameter 1 = 10.10 and Parameter 2 = Empty, the calculated value should display 10.10.

But when I have Parameter 1 = Emptry and Parameter 2  = 21.42, the calculated value should display 21.42.

I've tried with nested IF statements but couldn't got it to work. Constantly improper use of booleans, probably because they are Text parameters.

Hope you could point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

Right - Text parameters cannot be used as a part of a conditional statement. Another PITA. How many possible valid entries/values are there for your parameters?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

No Concatenation and no text parameters in conditional format are indeed a big PITA.

The possible acceptable values range from 00.00 to 99.99 so there are 10000 possible and valid entries.

Another question which may solve my problem a bit.

If I split up a parameter into 2 number parameters.

If I change from

Parameters 1(text) = 10.20

to

Parameter 1A(number) = 10

Parameter 1B(number) = 20

Could I combine the two with calculated value?

To get 1020 or 10 20 or 10.20?

Kind Regards

Message 9 of 9
CoreyDaun

If they were Integers or Numbers, you could divide Parameter 1B by 100 and add them together. The problems with this method crop up when you need more than one decimal point or if you want to force the tens digit to be there if Parameter 1A is less than 10.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report