Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Filters - Multiple Filters

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dtdesign
23628 Views, 10 Replies

Schedule Filters - Multiple Filters

I am working on a dormitory project and need to provide a required light and ventilation schedule.  I have figured out how to create a schedule for each level, but I want to isolate only the Dormitories and the Kitchenette (weed out all the other rooms such as corridor, elevator, storage, toilets, showers, stairs, trash, electrical, etc.).

I tried using seclusion filters, but there are too many items to exclude and cannot fit them all into the 4 filter categories.  I am trying to just get the rooms that begin with 'D' and 'K'.  I tried providing the variable 'Begins With' for D and in the next line 'Begins With' K, but then nothing shows up.

Is there a way to provide information to the filter that would allow it to show only rooms beginning with D AND K?  I cannot seem to get it to work.  I have been playing around with separation values within one filter category (i.e. 'Begins With' D, K) but apparently you cannot add multiple variables within one of the filter items.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: dtdesign

When you add more than one filter, you are saying "show me the items that meet this criteria, AND this other criteria" Since there cannot be any room that begins with D AND K at the same time, the result is a blank schedule.

Therefore, this is one possible solution:

Filter by "Begins with D" only. Then, from the results, in the schedule, enter a value to an instance parameter such as "Comments" to all the rows, maybe something like "set 1". Then, filter again by "Begins with K". Then, from the results, add the same "set 1" to the same "Comments" parameter. Then, filter again, by "Comments" "equal" "set 1". Now the results show those items that begin with D and K.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 11
dtdesign
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo - thanks for the information.  I will try that.  What I did in the meantime was assign a property of the room (Department) a value of 'Habitable' and 'Inhabitable', filtered the section to show only 'Habitable' and hid the 'Department' column.  This works for now, but when I really need the 'Department' property, then I will have to change my method.

Thanks for the information - your solution will be tried...

-Dave

Message 4 of 11
gjpete69
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sure would be nice if Autodesk added the "OR" logic to filter creation.

Message 5 of 11
barkha.agarwalla

dtdeisgn - Awesome.. your solution worked.

Message 6 of 11
Salomatin_
in reply to: gjpete69

Yes, still it do not have! Sure would be nice if Autodesk added the "OR" logic to filter creation.  I hope that in our future it would be doing. Thanks for alternate resolve it work.

Message 7 of 11
Avaris.
in reply to: Salomatin_

Revit 2019 has also an OR functionality, but it is limited to view filters I think.

Message 8 of 11
daniel.petrin
in reply to: Salomatin_

Exactly... is very usefull.

In this case, that dont have "OR" we should to create another schedule view, to do it by another way.

Sem título.png

Message 9 of 11

In Revit 2021 still no OR operator in schedule filter view. Would be nice to implement in next version!

Message 10 of 11
lsherrardHZU2R

I found a post with a formula that seems to work for sheet schedules. RevitCat: Revit filter operators - Why Not Or?

Very helpful 

Message 11 of 11

Still no "or" logic in schedules.  I was just looking for it this morning in Revit 2024 to filter rooms containing one name OR another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report