Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule filter question?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Jason_S
5612 Views, 3 Replies

Schedule filter question?

I created a room schedule that only shows Room Numbers and Names.  I want to separate the schedule to show first floor rooms on one schedule and second floor on another.  The building is broken into areas so we have A101, B101 and so on for the first floor and A201, B201 on the second.

Is there a way to group items to be filtered out of each schedule? I am currently filtering by Number --> does not contain --> A1  then  Number --> does not contain --> B1 then  Number --> does not contain --> C1.  The problem is I have more areas then filter fields to get.

Is there an easier way?  I tried Number --> does not contain A1; B1; C1 and A1, B1, C1 and it didn't work.

I am stuck in the filter and need to get out.  Someone please help.

Thanks

BTW: Revit Architecture 2011.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doug
in reply to: Jason_S

I hope that I am not reading your question incorrectly, as I believe there is a straightforward solution for you.

In the Filter tab of the schedule, set the first filter to be "Level" "equals" "First Floor".  This will make the schedule show only the rooms for the level named "First Floor".

For the 2nd filter (the And: filter), set it to be "Number" "begins with" "A".  This will make the schedule show only the rooms where the room number begins with the letter "A".  Combined with the first filter, this shows only the rooms for area A on the First Floor level.

Each schedule can have the "First Floor" or "A" adjusted accordingly to get the desired results.

I hope that helps.

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: doug

As Homer Simpson would say, "DUH"

That I missed completely.  It work.  Thank you.

Also, Thanks for not laughing.

Message 4 of 4
doug
in reply to: Jason_S

No problem.  We have all been there too, if we would only admit it.  🙂

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report