Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Editing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
797 Views, 6 Replies

Schedule Editing

I have just created a door schedule. Included in this is the doors i inserted into mu curtain walling however a width doesnt seem to appear for these types! Why is this and is there anyway i can edit it?

Thanks in advance really appreciate the help lately!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Doors inserted in curtain walls do report a width and height in the door schedule without any issues. There must be something in particular in your Revit project that is causing this.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry i have tried a few different things like opening the edit type and manually entering the value which didn't work, then i changed the door back into a panel and edited the type before it was inserted but still made no difference.

If you have any idea what could be causing this i would be happy to try it. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just created a door schedule. Included in this is the doors i inserted into mu curtain walling however a width doesnt seem to appear for these types! Why is this and is there anyway i can edit it?

Thanks in advance really appreciate the help lately!

Then you need to post the Revit file here (simplified, purged, etc) to see what the problem is.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
jsbrunt

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry i have tried a few different things like opening the edit type and manually entering the value which didn't work, then i changed the door back into a panel and edited the type before it was inserted but still made no difference.

If you have any idea what could be causing this i would be happy to try it. Thanks

This may be a simple problem/mistake that we all have made before.

Do you have more than one Curtain Wall door?

Are all your CW doors listed individually?

CW door width is an instance property.  If your door schedule is collapsed ("itemize every instance" unchecked) and you have multiple CW doors there is a good chance that they have different widths.  Width field will then show up blank because the widths vary.  

Even if grid spacing is exactly equal, mullion variations will throw width off.

Try checking "Itemize every instance" under "sorting/grouping" tab and see if widths show up.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jsbrunt

Flip such a simple problem.I had about three in and they were all different sizes by approx .1

Thanks very much ur a genius

Message 7 of 7
jsbrunt

Glad to be of help.

Also...

If you want to keep your Schedule collapsed you can make duplicates of CW door type for each one with a different type mark or type name (whatever you are sorting by) and the curtain wall doors only will be listed individually even if otherwise identical.

High regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report