Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Detail Numbers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
smikrut11
2768 Views, 3 Replies

Schedule Detail Numbers

Is there a way in Revit Architecture 2012 to link a detail number in a schedule.

For example, in my window schedule there are columns for head, jamb, and sill details. Is it possible to link those columns to those detail views on my detail sheets so that the detail number in the schedule will automatically update if the detail is ever moved to a different sheet or assigned a different number?

Lets say I have a head detail called out as 3/A9.04 for a particular window. In the window schedule under the Head Detail column I would enter in 3/A9.04 for that window. If I had to move that same head detail to a different sheet, and asign it a new detail number; say 7/A9.10. Do I have to manually update the window schedule Head Detail number or can I link the detail to the schedule so that update will happen automatically?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: smikrut11

In this situation, we have not fond a way to automatically do what you are trying to do, so you would have to update the schedule manually.

If you would like this functionality added to Revit, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
jkohl
Message 4 of 4
rauburn

10 years later...still doesn't look like this feature has been baked into Revit 2022, unless I am missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report