Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
E.felps
394 Views, 4 Replies

Saving files

Just installed 2011 Revit Architecture and when trying to save during a work session, multiple copies are being created instead of overwriting the main file? Where are setting options to adjust this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: E.felps

Everytime you save it will make a back-up file typically with numbers in the name XXX.0001.rvt.

It is saving back to the origional as well as saving a back-up.

I believe the default is like 4 back-ups.... so you will have xxx.0001.rvt, xxx.0002.rvt, xxx.0003.rvt, xxx.0004.rvt... once you get to the 5th back-up it will drop off xxx.0001.rvt and you will see the xxx.0005.rvt

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
E.felps
in reply to: LisaDrago

OK, but it was up to 15.rvt and counting. ACAD is a hard methodology to re-think when you need to maintain production drafting.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: E.felps

It will keep counting - I have been up in the 100's before. If you want you can delete the back-up's. I would always leave 1 just in case - you know how it is...

BTW - if you are happy with the response don't forget to accept as solution.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
E.felps
in reply to: LisaDrago

thanks for the advise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report