Revit Architecture

Contributor
bng918
Message 1 of 2 (1,549 Views)
Accepted Solution

Saving as a "project"

1549 Views, 1 Replies
01-08-2012 04:38 PM

For some reason, when I go to save my Revit house after I have opened it in revit architecture it will not let me "save as project". It will only let me "save as template".

Why is this? And is there a way that I can save it as a project? (Also, what is the differnece between saving as a project or tempalte?)

FYI: I have had this project open in Revit Structure where it would have been saved, I dont know If this would make a difference though.

Thank you for any advice

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 2 (1,527 Views)

Re: Saving as a "project"

01-09-2012 10:57 AM in reply to: bng918

Once a file has been opened and saved as a template - it will forever be recognized as a template file (.rte) by Revit.

The best thing to do to get a project file out of it is to open a new project using that file as the template.

So go to the application menu - new - project. When the dialog box opens navigate to that file and make sure under create new - project is selected.

This will create a new project file (.rvt) will all the information in the template file (.rte)

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.