Revit Architecture

Contributor
bng918
Message 1 of 2 (1,638 Views)
Accepted Solution

Saving as a "project"

1638 Views, 1 Replies
01-08-2012 04:38 PM

For some reason, when I go to save my Revit house after I have opened it in revit architecture it will not let me "save as project". It will only let me "save as template".

Why is this? And is there a way that I can save it as a project? (Also, what is the differnece between saving as a project or tempalte?)

FYI: I have had this project open in Revit Structure where it would have been saved, I dont know If this would make a difference though.

Thank you for any advice

Once a file has been opened and saved as a template - it will forever be recognized as a template file (.rte) by Revit.

The best thing to do to get a project file out of it is to open a new project using that file as the template.

So go to the application menu - new - project. When the dialog box opens navigate to that file and make sure under create new - project is selected.

This will create a new project file (.rvt) will all the information in the template file (.rte)

LD

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 2 (1,616 Views)

Re: Saving as a "project"

01-09-2012 10:57 AM in reply to: bng918

Once a file has been opened and saved as a template - it will forever be recognized as a template file (.rte) by Revit.

The best thing to do to get a project file out of it is to open a new project using that file as the template.

So go to the application menu - new - project. When the dialog box opens navigate to that file and make sure under create new - project is selected.

This will create a new project file (.rvt) will all the information in the template file (.rte)

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.