Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save family as previous version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
squid44th
1628 Views, 4 Replies

Save family as previous version

It would be really nice to be able to save a family as a previous version.  There are so many things we've created in Revit Arch 2012 that we can't use when an older drawing comes up again.  I know we should upgrade the .rvt to the newest version, but that's not how it works where I work.  In my backwards company we do things the hard way, so for people like us, it would be nice to just save the .rfa as Revit Arch 2011 or 2010 etc. even if some of the stuff doesn't transfer, the attributes would.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: squid44th

No, it is not possible in Revit to save as a previous versions, and it will probably stay like that forever.  It is recommended to keep the subscription active. In the US, it can be around $700+ a year, and for that money you always get the new version, plus, I have read here, that the subscription gives you access to two older versions, as well, if you need them.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

its actually 3 previous versions under subscription

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
alex60
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren I am under subscription and downloaded most of the applications there for 2012 and I did not see the command to save back in Revit. Please Could you tell me which file do I have to download?

Thanks Alex

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: alex60

your not saving back

you get acces to the 3 previous releases of the software

it has nothing to do with saving back

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report