Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Button is greyed out

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PAULRYMAL7709
4754 Views, 5 Replies

Save Button is greyed out

Hi! I am very new to Revit & am on the learning cuve now with the "Ascent Training Manuals". I find that my save button is greyed out both on the ribbon and in the left dropdown window above "save as"! Any ideas why this is happening. The project does seem to be automatically saving. Just can't access that button! Using Revit 2013 Ultimate. Win 7 64 Pro.

Any ideas!

Thanks!

Paul Rymal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

Are you using Revit in Trial Mode or Viewer Mode? ( I think this is set when you install the program?).

Is your project a Central File / Workset enabled? ( Centyral on file server, local copy on workstation.)

Sometimes the save button will be greyed out if you are working in the central file and trying to save locally....

as I recall.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks I figured it out! Paul Rymal
Message 4 of 6
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: ccollins

Hi! Not sure what you mean by "Trial" mode & "Viewer Mode" I have installed on a workstation "desktop". No Server involved. I am fully licensed & registered with my software. Don't recall having this problem before. I am using a files from "Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012" which I download from the internet through this book I have purchased. On my other projects there is no problem saving! Just this one. RYMAL DRAFTING INC. EDMONTON, ALBERTA (780)634-5303
Message 5 of 6
running_ref
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

would you like to share how you made it operable?  Thank you

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: running_ref

If you are having similar problems of not being able to save a file that you either downloaded from a website or copied from a DVD or CD, check the file's properties in Windows Explorer to verify that it not set to be read only.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report