Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

toxicarea
Message 1 of 2 (788 Views)

Same material looks different when rendered Revit 2011

788 Views, 1 Replies
01-01-2011 07:36 PM

I put two pics of the problem. Notice the different look of the balusters. It is the same material on two different renderings (same project). Both renders are at best quality. I don not belive that it is the light that makes the change. The difference is more than obvious to me. How can i fix it?

Additionally, look at the glass reflection...it looks different too. 

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)

Re: Same material looks different when rendered Revit 2011

01-04-2011 11:27 AM in reply to: toxicarea

Can you verify if you create a new view looking at the same area, does the material appear correct here or black as well?  I want to isolate if that specific view may have some corruption.

Also are all of the settings the same between the views [Discipline, Phase, etc.].  What if you temporarily make a view template from the correct view, and then apply that view template to the incorrect view?  Same results?

If this is a custom image file for the render appearance please see the thread below:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Materials-Render-and-Preview-Black/m-p/274...

Lastly, if the new view specifically also appears incorrect [or any material after a change] there may be some material library or temporary file corruption.  Please reference the thread below:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Revit-doesnt-render-when-I-change-a-simple...

Please let us know once you have an update.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.